This Immigrant Visa Priority Date Calculator allows you to easily estimate how long it would take, after filing an immigrant visa petition or labor certification (PERM), for your employee (or yourself, if self-petitioning) to become eligible to obtain an immigrant visa or adjust status to LPR.
First, determine where the petition's beneficiary was born. If the beneficiary was not born in China, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, India, Mexico or the Philippines, use the top left table for "All Chargeability Areas."
A person born in one country may be able to use the numbers of the country where his or her spouse was born to avoid the long wait time.
Next, determine which category your petition falls into:
- EB1: For (a) an individual with extraordinary ability in the sciences, arts, education, business, or athletics; (b) an outstanding professor or researcher; or (c) a multinational manager or executive
- EB2: For (a) a member of the professions holding an advanced degree or its equivalent, or (b) an individual who has exceptional ability in the sciences, arts, or business
- EB3: For (a) a skilled worker with a least 2 years of training or work experience, or (b) a member of a profession requiring at least a baccalaureate degree
- EB3 (Unskilled Workers): For a person performing unskilled labor requiring less than 2 years training or work experience
- EB4: For a special immigrant
- EB4 (Certain Religious Workers): For a religious worker
- EB5: For an investor
Finally, find the wait time for your category. This is the approximate amount of time your employee or the petition's beneficiary will have to wait before he or she can obtain an immigrant visa or adjust status. It begins when USCIS receives a properly filed I-140, I-360 or I-526 petition, or when DOL receives an application for labor certification (PERM). This time may increase or decrease from time to time because some petitions go unused, the number of dependents who get the same benefit as the principal beneficiary varies, and the number of petitions is different from the anticipated figure.
For the up-to-date current date, please consult the Visa Bulletin for corresponding priority date.